Śląski Klaster Lotniczy - the Silesian Aviation Cluster - was founded by representatives of the aviation industry to strengthen cooperation between businesses, create optimum conditions for continuous transfer of knowledge and innovative solutions between the Cluster members not only from the aviation sector but also from other branches of science and industry. The result is increased competitiveness and development of aviation in Poland.
Currently, the Cluster is composed of several dozen entities, including universities and business environment institutions.
- ongoing cooperation with institutions having a direct and indirect impact on the development of the industry, business environment institutions, financial institutions, science and R&D institutions,
- support for technology transfer processes from R&D to business,
- support for Cluster members in the areas of raising funds, promoting projects at the regional, national and international level,
- human resources development,
- providing access to modern research infrastructure,
- establishing commercial contacts with domestic and foreign partners,
- participation in national and international projects for clusters.
Key competencies of the Cluster:
- Production of gliders, light and ultralight airplanes
- Production of airplane engine modules (blades and stators for low pressure turbines)
- Unmanned airplanes
- Research centre for materials and composite structures
- Aviation repair services
- Training services for the aviation industry
- Metal processing
- IT systems
- Semi-trailers, trailers and truck bodyworks
- Advisory services
The mission of the Silesian Aviation Cluster is to create conditions for a continuous cooperation between aviation sector companies and institutions having a direct and indirect impact on the development of the industry, business environment institutions, financial institutions as well as science and R&D institutions.
Let's do it together to do it better, faster and more effectively.
The vision of the Silesian Aviation Cluster for the coming years is to create a strong structure having impact on the integration of the industry and further increase sales, streamline the development processes and minimize development financial constraints (including mitigation of technology transfer risks).